Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Jean & Memory

Today Jean came to me & said I know this is a strange thing for me to be thinking about. . .\She paused & I waited.
But I cannot remember when Papa John died.  I can’t remember what kind of funeral he had or if I took you.

I told my mother that I remember a moment when my grandfather died – a look on my father’s face.  But I did not remember the funeral, that I thought they had not taken me.

Papa John used to keep peppermint Life Savers in his pocket for me.  He used to take me to Love Field to watch the planes.

Jean & her friend Bill used to take Sam out to Hull Airport to watch the planes.

Sam loved planes, a legacy from his great-grandfather.  Whom he was never to know
.
I don’t know what else Jean has forgotten.  

But I will do my best to fill in the blanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment