Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

I do not like this, Sam I am . . .

I do not like this, Sam I am.  

Anymore than I like green eggs & ham. 

I do not want to dye my eggs with grape jelly or food coloring. 
 
I do not want ham with my eggs, which are only tinted with green, freckled with green bits of jalapeño & scallions.

Unless, of course, ham comes with red eye gravy & biscuits. 

I do not like this, Sam I am. 
 
I do not want my profile reduced to a time line of events.  

I do not want someone else dictating the format of my profile.

Not here, not there, not on paper, not in cyberspace.
Not anywhere.

I do not want a computer dictating which communications from my friends & family should be my choices for "Top Stories" based on buzz words or frequency.

I tried Facebook's green eggs & ham.

But, I do not like them, Sam I am.

Not in a boat, not with a goat, not in the rain, on a train, in a box, with a fox, in a house or with a mouse.

Not here & not there, not anywhere.

1 comment: