Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Jaki Jean & the NSA

So, the government is listening.

This probably should upset me, but it doesn’t.

I have always known that the powers that be were collecting & analyzing information on citizens of the republic.

I am, however, relieved that my beloved Blackberry died & I had to replace it.  It kept spontaneously switching to Arabic & I wondered if that put me on a list.

Even if the government is listening to my cell phone calls, I am quite sure the listeners are bored.   

I have known for a long day now that if I wanted to have a private conversation, it probably would not take place on a cell phone or a Facebook message or in an email.
Or even in a restaurant.

Since I am neither a terrorist nor an enemy combatant nor a radical planning to wreck havoc on the country, the NSA & all related agencies are welcome to listen in to my conversations.

I would be happy to share with them a really great recipe for baked eggplant parmesan.  Or better yet, chipotle hummus or orgasmic turkey burgers or fabulous crab cakes or amazing bolognaise.  Or a link to the coupon diva website.   

I am happy to share my thoughts with the people responsible for gathering information to protect the population of the country.

But I have a suspicion that the NSA has other things to do than track my conversations.

Nothing that is going on is new – the technology is new.  And, perhaps, necessary.  A different world, a different threat.  

It does baffle me, my reaction to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment