Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Jaki Jean & the Chupacabra

The chupacabra who attached my hanging basket of serrano peppers has now devoured all the leaves of my hanging basket of cherry tomatoes.  And all my fledging habenero peppers & I see signs of its presence attacking the okra in the herb garden.

The basil will be next.  Or perhaps the chupacabra does not like basil.

All my efforts at organic gardening have failed to stop this attack. 

This grieves me, because I want to garden organically.

However, I want healthy, producing plants more than I want to avoid insecticides.

This particular chupacabra is insidious – eating all the leaves & vegetation off the plants.  Even the fruit of the plants.  Leaving the stems. 

I stay up at night & try to see what this chupacabra, this devourer of all things living, does to my plants.  It is unseen, unknown.

I am going to do something that I hate, something I am opposed to doing.  I want a harvest. 
 
I am just a back yard farmer.  I wonder how farmers who provide our fresh produce annihilate the chupacabra. 

Launching an attack does not make me happy.

But I want a healthy harvest.

I want to defeat this chupacabra.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment