Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Sam I Am

So I watch him, this man Sam who is my youngest son.  My baby.

He is a fine specimen of a male.

So beautiful, in appearance & in his soul.

And always irritated with me.

In his defense, I have been a difficult & complicated mother.

But I have loved him from the beginnings of his existence.

From the moment his elder brother & I sat in an emergency room in DC,   

Nick next to me as I sat there bleeding.  Praying the baby that would be Sam would survive.

Nick leaning against me.  Talking to his brother.

Sam survived. 

He still does.  Magnificently.

In spite of me, in spite of his father’s absence.

The world needs old souls, souls like Sam. 

2 comments:

  1. I am deeply touched with the your profound love for your sons. Dearest Jaki you are a special mother. Know that.

    ReplyDelete