Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

How Jean Met Jack

This afternoon Jean & I were chatting & I asked her how she met Jack.

When Jean left the farm, she & her friend Marie moved to Dallas & took a room at Marie’s aunt’s boarding house.
Jean took the bus to work & after a time a group of “kids” with a car began to take notice.

Now, this is from me, not Jean, but she was brunette with blue eyes & quite noticeable.

I asked her what she meant by “kids” & she said – “people my age.”

After a bit, the “kids” offered to give her a ride to work. 

She accepted (saving on bus fare, no doubt).

One day the kids invited her to join them at the “It’l Do Inn” for an evening out.
Jean said, “But I don’t have a date.”

The kids replied, “We have the perfect match.”

So Jean went to the “It’l Do Inn” & met the perfect match & they did the Bunny Hop.

I asked her if he kissed her that night & she said, “No, he did not kiss me for a long time.”

When I asked if that bothered her, she said it bothered her enough to ask her brother, Edsel, & he suggested mouthwash
.
Eventually, there was a kiss.  And a match.  Jack.

And then there was me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment