Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Jaki Jean & Newt

When I think about why I don't like Newt Gingrich, I have to admit that my dislike is not based is not on the fact that he has been married three times,  or has (by all reports) cheated on at least two of those wives.

It isn't even about how willing he was to go after Bill Clinton for receiving fellatio from a White House aide when Gingrich was having a six year affair with a Congressional aide.  Clinton stayed with his family.  Gingrich divorced his second wife & married the aide.

Evangelicals & the Tea Party & others embrace him as an icon of conservative values.

(I am thinking that those conservative values are a bit different than those of my Republican father.  Who was divorced, before he met my mother.  Or, I think, of many of Republican friends).

I don't like Newt Gingrich because he does not  & cannot represent me or what I believe is the role of government in this country.

It is not about his lack of veracity about his marriages or his lack of veracity about his involvement with lobbyists after his tenure as Speaker of the House.  It is not about his lack of veracity when he promised a clean campaign & allowed the PACs supporting him to make him a liar.

It is about the fact that Gingrich does not offer me an agenda in which I want to live. 

No kinder & gentler nation from Newt.

No comments:

Post a Comment