Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

This Is Not Real.


Years ago, I was friends with a brilliant & talented young woman who was passionate about politics.   

And very, very Republican. 

And I was very, very not  Republican.

She sent me a subscription to the National Review.

She did not understand that there is nothing more seductive to Jaki Jean than a man who can tell a story, a man who can write.   

It beats out a hairy chest (and I was , am still, a sucker for a hairy chest.)

Playing the piano or singing runs a close second to a hairy chest.

But telling a story.  Telling a story will drive me to my knees in adoration.

Reading William F. Buckley was a joy.

During that same time, prior to George I, someone gave a bit of money to the Republican National Committee in my name.   

 And I have been on the RNC mailing list ever since.

Those of you who know me get the irony.

Today I got another letter from the RNC, the thick envelope with a Non-Profit US Postage Paid Permit  & an encryption:  DO NOT DESTROY OFFICIAL DOCUMENT.

That pisses me off. 
The SPECIAL NOTICE:  You have been selected to represent the voters in Texas' 22nd Congressional District.  That pissed me off.

Of course,  if the RNC had any idea of who I was or how I vote, they would not be polling me.  

The questions asked pissed me off.  There was no choice to say:  Are you fucking kidding me?

There was a PS to the RNC Chairman's cover letter:
Jaki, to win against the massive Obama political juggernaut in November, our party must be better funded & better organized than the Democrats every step of the way.

Actually, Reince Priebus, Chairman, RNC, a viable candidate might help your cause. 
   
Jean says that I cannot write Are you fucking kidding me? across the pages of the poll. 
 
I spent too much time this afternoon calling the RNC to find someone to take my name off of their mailing list.

When I encountered a human voice, I was treated with courtesy & cheerfully transferred to someone who I had been assured would help me.

A recorded voice.

And these people want to take over the country.

With recorded voices?

Really?  Are you fucking kidding me??????????????????????


 

No comments:

Post a Comment