Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

About Men & Words & Chess


So, I am playing “Words With Friends” on Facebook with my friend Carolyne, my cousin Dennis in Australia, too many others & my friend Glen from my high school years.

I suck at it.

And this really, really gets to me.  I live for words & I have only won seven games of too many games.

Carolyne & Glen annihilate me.  Carolyne says it is luck & practice.  She is very kind.

Glen says I need to learn defense.

After all these years, he still reads me. ;-)

I have been watching how he plays – I think that I am learning, but he has yet to tell me that I am learning defense.  After each of my moves, I plan the next move & he blocks it.

It is a good thing we are not playing chess.  He would decimate me & I would become obsessed with turning the tables.

But, if I should by some intervention of the powers that be, actually win a Scrabble game against him . . .

. . . Chess is definitely on the table . . .

Wizard chess, of course.  And I will bring my own Ron Weasley. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment