Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Why I Left the Meadows Place Facebook Page


Today, I took myself out of the lively online discussion about the upcoming election in Meadows Place, Texas and left the Meadows Place Facebook page.

Not because I am no longer interested in or concerned about the outcome of the election or no longer interested in my neighbors.

I left because someone pissed me off & hurt my feelings.

Now, I don’t know the woman who pissed me off & don’t care to know her.  All I know is that she interjected herself into a discussion & suggested that I & another participant should take our personal attack against a fellow neighbor private.

There was no attack.

The other accused, an English teacher, simply rewrote a post by one of our neighbors – it needed re-writing.  If that English teacher had not rewritten it, I would have never read it & never known that the writer & I were of like minds.

The writer was not offended by the rewrite, nor was he offended by my offer to serve as a back-up.  His wife affirmed that he was not offended.  It was all done gently, in good humor, the kind of thing that neighbors & friends do for one another. 
   
Gently & with humor
.
All about what the website should be about.

Neighbors exchanging views & getting to know & appreciate one another.  Gently & with humor.

But this woman intervenes & inserts the suggestion of disharmony & pisses me off & hurts my feelings. 

I won’t forget that, I won’t forget her intervention & disruption of my participation in the Meadows Place forum.

The Meadows Place forum will continue without my voice or input.  I have no illusions about that.

But I will not participate in a forum whose participants do not allow for open, honest discussion.  A forum whose participants do not allow for humor.

My life is too short to waste my time or my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment