Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

About Stuart Schwartz

Memory is dynamic & sometimes fleeting & reinterpreted over the years.  But there are moments, when a name or a moment or a voice filed away in our memory banks explodes.  Like a flash of sunrise.

And so, while I am sure you do not remember me (I recently stopped reaching out on Facebook when Nita Gulbus had no idea who I was & she has always been so present in my memories of El Paso) – I wanted to say that I do remember you.

El Paso was a lovely time for me & my memories of my time there are strong.
 
Always, over the years, I remember certain names & moments.  And sunrise & the desert & joy & celebration.  And how the Thunderbirds always won everything in those days.  How we all felt that we were fierce & could do anything.

I remember your name, Stuart Schwartz.  I remember your face & your voice.

And I remember your energy.

And your smile – it is still infectious & lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment