Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Comparisons & Almost a Full Moon

Sometimes, when things get strange & unusual & a bit crazy, I think to myself:  Is it a full moon?

The other night, I heard my cell phone indicate a text.  Expecting it to be my Alpha Son Nick, I reached out for the phone & read it.

Do I have the right number?
And I think to myself, WTF & reply:

I don’t know.  Who are you looking for?

And when the reply comes back, I pause.

JJE
And I think to myself, WTF & reply I am indeed a JJE & who is texting me.

The reply consisted of three initials & I was both dismayed & curious.

Initials from the past, initials I had not heard from for over a decade except for one strange night.

A series of texts followed – 39 – including one chastising me for my slow response.

Cyber speak drives me mad – I text in full words, full sentences, complete with punctuation & capitalization.  My one concession is the use of the ampersand.

I make no apologies for that.  The full words, full sentences, the grammar or the ampersand.

Then we talk on the phone & the most bizarre conversation occurs.  The details don’t matter.

Except that I asked him if he had been drinking.  He said no & asked me if I had been drinking.

And I thought:  But I am not texting you or calling you.

In the end, after all the inane banter, he wanted to know one thing.

He wanted to know who was better in bed – he wanted me to give him a comparison between himself & someone who followed.

If it was not a full moon, it must have been near a full moon.

Why do men ask for what amounts to validation of their prowess?

Every relationship, emotional, intellectual, physical, intimate is different.  Rating systems don’t apply.

So, all of you out there who wonder who was the best, I have this answer:

You know.

Think about that the next full moon.  Or near full moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment